Election Commission of Pakistan Jobs
The Election Commission of Pakistan is the prime organization that conducts free and fair elections throughout the country. Similarly, the aim of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is to conduct elections in the country without any interference from the sitting government or any other force. Furthermore, the ECP conducts elections for National Assembly, Provincial Assemblies, and Local Bodies elections.
So, it is good news for the youth of Pakistan that the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has announced vacancies for the Post of Election Officer (BPS 17) throughout the country. Similarly, there are multiple vacancies so competent and eligible youth can apply for these vacancies. So, if you find yourself eligible for these posts then you should not wait for the last date of the job and should apply as soon as possible.
This article will discuss the complete details and application procedure for these posts. So, readers are suggested to read the complete article to be able to apply for these posts.
Short Introduction of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP):
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is the prime election-conducting body in the country. Similarly, it has the power equivalent to a High Court and its head is called the Chief Election Commissioner who has power equivalent to the Chief Justice of the High Court.
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) headquarters is located in Islamabad. Similarly, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has provincial offices in the capitals of every province.
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is responsible to conduct free elections of the National Assembly, Provincial Assembly, and Local bodies elections in the provinces and capital city. Similarly, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) conducts elections in GB and Azad Kashmir.
The Details of the Vacant Position:
|Job Title||Election officers (BPS 17)|
|Company||The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP)|
|Job Location||All over Pakistan|
|No. of Vacancies||11|
|Expected Salary||PKR 65,000 to 80,000 per month|
Eligibility Criteria for the post of Election Officer:
The eligibility criterion for the post of Election officers (BPS 17) is given as;
- The candidate should have a qualification Master’s Degree in the following disciplines.
- MA or M.Sc (2nd Division)
- B.A (Hons) or B.Sc (Hons)
- B.Com (Hons) (2nd Division)
- Law Graduate (2nd Division)
- B.A or B.Sc (2nd Division)
- Furthermore, preference will be given to persons having two years of experience in any Government Organization.
- Similarly, the age limit for the post is 30 years and a general relaxation of 5 years is also admissible.
Required Skills for the post of Election Officer (BPS 17):
The candidate should hold the following skills to be able for short-listing for the post of Election Officer (BPS 17) at the Election Commission of Pakistan.
- Firstly, Knowledge of Computer Operations
- Secondly, the candidate should be good at the handling of different situations
- Thirdly, the applicant should be able to communicate with district officers of different departments
- Fourthly, the candidate should be good at handling of office affairs and working with different authorities.
- Fifthly, Good Communication Skills
- Lastly, Proficiency in the English Language
Responsibilities of Election officers (BPS 17):
Following are the responsibilities of Senior I Election officers (BPS 17).
- Firstly, the selected candidate will be required to efficiently handle the entire process of elections.
- Secondly, the applicant will be responsible to handle post-election scenarios
- Thirdly, the selected candidate will be required to conduct free and fair elections
- Fourthly, the successful applicants will be responsible to give equal responsible to every party member without any discrimination.
- Fifthly, it will be the responsibility of the Election officer to cooperate and get help from other concerned departments.
- Sixthly, the Election officer will also be responsible to report to regional officers and headquarters if any problem occurs.
- Lastly, it will also be the responsibility of the Election officer to send the election data of his or her area to the Provincial ECP Office and the Head office of the ECP in Islamabad.
Applications for the above-mentioned post are invited from both male and female candidates.
- Only online applications will be entertained along with sending of an online application printed copy to the ECP
- By hand submission of application will not be entertained.
- An incomplete application form or the application received after the closing date shall not be accepted or move forward for the further recruitment process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
- No TA/DA will be given to candidates called for a test or interview
- Interested applicants are required to submit an online form available at the official website of the Election Commission of Pakistan.
- Candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their educational, personal, and experience documents along with CNIC within 30 days of publication of this advertisement in Newspapers.
- The applicants are also required to send the printed copy of their online application to P.O Box No. 1418, GPO, Islamabad
- No TA/DA will be admissible to the candidates called for an interview or test.
- The candidates will be required to provide original documents at the time of the interview.
- Misinformation in data will lead to the cancellation of orders at any stage.
- The selected candidates have to serve anywhere in Pakistan.